Toothpaste on Pimple Overnight: Does it Work?

Toothpaste on Pimple Overnight: Does it Work?

Advertisements
11/06/2009 07:11:00 AM

Toothbrush with toothpaste

A lot of people have been asking me whether or not they should try the, "Toothpaste on a Pimple Overnight," trick. From my experience, this trick is a complete waste of time, and if anything, it made my zit even larger. It also made it all crusty.

However, for those of you who are still willing to try the trick, because you have that thought it your mind, "Does it work? It could work?" Well, at the least, make sure you perform it correctly.

What kind of toothpaste to use on pimples?

  • Normal*
  • Non Whitening
  • Non Tartar
  • Regular
  • White Colored

I did the research and it was surprisingly hard to find an answer. I kept running into ChaCha Answers, and they said that a normal, non whitening, non tartar, regular white toothpaste, is the best to use while treating a pimple.

How long do I leave the paste on my face?

  • 10 minutes /
  • Overnight?

This is actually something that I cannot answer. A number of sites say to leave a small dab on your zit overnight, while others say to leave it on the zit for 10 - 15 minutes.

But here's the thing: Toothpaste can be pretty drying and irritating to the skin. Personally, I wouldn't leave it on for more than 15 minutes.

Can toothpaste get rid of a zit?

  • I don't think so.
  • Some people do think so, though.

Like I said above, I have never had success with the "toothpaste on a pimple overnight" trick. However, you just might. Give it a try if you'd like, but don't say I didn't warn you if your acne worsens.

Alternative to shrink pimple!

Using ice is a good home acne treatment to reduce redness and size. Unlike the toothpaste overnight trick, the ice actually worked quite well for me, so I would give that a try.