Razor Blade vs Electric Shaver

Razor Blade vs Electric Shaver

Advertisements
10/06/2009 02:06:00 PM

What's better? A Razor Blade or an Eletric Shaver?

I don't know about you guys, but shaving is a very huge part of my day. If I don't shave, I am left with a greasy / itchy feeling throughout my entire day. However, using the wrong type of shaver can also cause skin irritation, breakouts, and sensitivity if I do shave.

Ahh, what do I do?

The Razor Blade

I personally don't like using the razor blade, but before I get into the negatives, here are some positives to using one.

Positives of using a Razor Blade

  • Fast
  • Doesn't miss spots
  • Smell of shaving cream

Negatives of using a Razor Blade

  • Adds another time you have to wash your face.
  • Dryness
  • Sensitivity
  • Breakouts
  • Bumps

The Electric Shaver

It's a great way for a dry shave. It's also a great way to minimize skin irritation / all the other things that a razor blade can cause.

Positives of using an Electric Shaver.

  • Doesn't another time you have to wash your face.
  • Less irritation / and everything that a Razor Blade can cause.

Negatives of using a Electric Shaver

  • Batteries can die.
  • Can sometimes heat up, making shaving more difficult.
  • Sometimes misses hairs.
  • Takes longer.

The Winner!

For me, I choose the electric shaver. Although it's not as efficient as the razor blade, it does minimize skin irritants whereas the razor blade can actually cause your skin to become irritated, leading you to nasty skin dryness, redness, scaliness, and breakouts, among other things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

When using a razor it's best to use a single blade. Multiple blades lift the hair out of the follicle so you're actually shaving under your skin. You end up with shaving bumps and the skin grows over the follicle so when hair re-grows it has to fight to get out of the skin.

Also use your topical treatment instead of aftershave - I have found this helps prevent breakouts.

Hope this helps!

Chris said...

Hey, what kind of electric razor do you use?