Proactiv Body Wash Review

Proactiv Body Wash Review

Advertisements
9/23/2009 10:00:00 AM

If you're looking to get rid of your body acne, then Proactiv's Body Wash containing 2% salicylic acid may just be the way to go.

As you already know, body acne is extremely embarrassing. I used to have pretty bad back acne, until I began using some home acne treatments to treat it. Of course, this post isn't about home acne treatments. Instead, this post is about getting rid of your body acne with Proactiv's Body Wash.

In this review, I want to tell you whether or not I think Proactiv's body wash actually works. I will discuss with you guys the active ingredient in this solution, and I will also tell you how to great improve your chances at getting rid of your body acne. Although none of these tips work overnight, (nothing works overnight, fyi) these tips will help you get rid of your body acne overtime.

Does Proactiv Body Wash Work?

does proactiv body wash work

Proactiv body wash works because it contains 2% salicylic acid, which is an active acne fighting ingredient in many topical acne solutions.

In a study posted on Treatment of acne vulgaris with salicylic acid pads, acne lesions were reduced when 0.5% to 2% salicylic acne pads were used.

To put it simply: Proactiv's body wash is proven to treat acne lesions. You should know that there are other ingredients in this product, but these ingredients don't take away from the fact that this product works.

Use Benzoyl Peroxide to Increase Effectiveness.

For severe cases of acne, 2% salicylic acid may not be enough to completely clear your skin. If this is the case for you, I would recommend using Proactiv's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide acne treatment solution on your body acne as well.

For those of you that don't already know, Proactiv's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide solution is known as the 3rd step in the original 3-step Proactiv acne-fighting system.

By the way, you may be curious about the difference between 2.5%, 5%, and 10% benzoyl peroxide treatments. In this case, more concentrated benzoyl peroxide is not better. For more information, you can checkout the study performed in the International Journal of Dermatology.

Further Increase Effectiveness with Home Acne Treatments.

Finally, I always recommend using these home acne treatments to further increase the effectiveness of any topical acne product. In this case, you can use home acne treatments to increase the effectiveness of Proactiv's Body Wash. Below, I will show you may favorite at home acne treatments. These treatments are simple, free, and extremely effective.

home acne treatment

Drink Water.

Acne causing toxins can build up in your body and cause even more acne. To reverse the damage, release toxins, and get rid of acne lesions, you should begin drinking 8 - 12 glasses of water a day; More if you're an athlete.

Although I am unable to find any studies done on the topic of water and acne, I can tell you that when I drink enough water, my back acne seems to go away completely on its' own.

Stop Drinking Soda and Energy Drinks.

These beverages dehydrate you, are filled with caffeine, and are proven to cause breakouts. I know that the 'acne industry' says that what you eat doesn't cause you to breakout, but this couldn't be further from the truth.

In a study posted on Implications for the Role of Diet in Acne, it is said now more than ever that acne can be caused directly or indirectly by the foods that you eat.

If you don't already know who I am, I am a guy that used to have acne, but is now 100% acne free... until I drink a soda or energy drink, of course. Your best bet here is to just avoid these nasty beverages altogether. Remember, if it is bad for your health, it is bad for your skin.

Exercise.

Finally, I highly recommend exercising as a way to sweat out toxins from your body, and remove acne. Although I haven't been able to come across any official studies on the issue, exercise has personally improved my complexion. When I stop exercising, my body acne seems to return.

Final Thoughts.

  • Proactiv's body wash contains 2% salicylic acid, which is proven to get rid of acne.
  • If Proactiv's body wash doesn't get the job done, you can always use Proactiv's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide acne treatment in combination with their body wash to get rid of your body acne.
  • If a few weeks have gone by, and your skin still isn't clear, you can start using some home acne treatments in conjunction with Proactiv.
  • If you do everything on this page, there is no doubt in my mind that you will completely get rid of your body acne.
  • I hope that you guys enjoyed my review of Proactiv's body wash. If you need to checkout more reviews of this product, you can always head over to Amazon. They have a ton of user reviews and ratings available for you to see.