Bare Minerals BREAKOUTS Caused!

Bare Minerals BREAKOUTS Caused!

Advertisements
9/23/2009 10:18:00 AM

My girlfriend recently purchased Bare Minerals, so I figured that it'd be a good time to go ahead and talk about the breakouts that seem to be caused by the product.

I did a Google Search for "Bare Minerals Breakouts" and it turns out that some results have definitely shown up. By the time I finish this article, I'll probably be on Google as well.

I ran into a site called MakeupTalk, and one of the girls screen-named, JulyMommy06, stated that she "always had really clear skin." However, when she started using bare minerals, her face started "breakout out like crazy."

Currently, there are two theories that people have regarding the cause of her breakouts.

1. People believe that the brushes are too rough. As you all know, if you're not gentle with your skin, breakouts can appear.

2. The bismuth oxychloride in the product could also be causing her breakouts.

I will be continuously researching this topic, and I will be writing about bismuth oxychloride as soon as I know more about it.

Until then, I am curious;

Has Bare Minerals makeup ever made you breakout? Be sure to leave your comments below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BARE MINERALS IS THE WORST MAKE UP I HAVE EVER BOUGHT! IT INCLUDES A SKIN IRRITANT WHICH CAUSED ME A SEVERE RASH. I WAS ACTUALLY ON HOLIDAY AT THE TIME WHEN THE RASH SUDDENLY CAME ON MY FACE WICH THE DOCTORS THOUGHT WAS A SEVERE HEAT RASH HOWEVER WHEN I STOPPED USING THE MAKE UP IT THEN AFTER A FEW DAYS CLEARED THE RASH! SO MUCH FOR 100% MINERALS THIS MAKE UP IS A JOKE DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure this makeup is the cause of my recent breakouts. i'm sad about this because 1) i paid a lot of money for it and 2) i like how it looked :( too bad. as soon as i started using it i started breaking out more and then i stopped for a few days and my skin cleared and then i used it every day this past week and my skin looks like hell now. so this is probably the problem. darn. :(

Anonymous said...

i really think that it depends on the person, just like any other make up. i have always had acne problems and been on many medications including acutane. however, i have used bare minerals for 5 years and it has caused me no problems. i definitely experienced noticeable increased breakouts with other make ups including other mineral make ups. i don't think you can choose a make up or any skin product based on how it effects other people's skin. you are uniquely you and your skin will react different. i have researched this as well however i think that some people find it actually helps clear their skin and some people say it causes break outs. just do research and try different things and find what works for you.