Is AcneFree Better than Proactiv?

Is AcneFree Better than Proactiv?

Advertisements
9/21/2009 01:32:00 PM

UPDATE! 10/30/09

After giving AcneFree a second chance, I have actually found it to be quite an amazing product. Below, I completely trashed AcneFree, but if you read my updated AcneFree Review, you'll actually see that this is a really great product, with limited to NO Side Effects!

Original Post!

I know that I have been going out of my way to talk about the AcneFree brand, but I really can't help it. This product claims that it's "better than Proactiv," but that's completely bogus.

In fact, AcneFree is not even an AcneTeen Recommended Product. It's still in my AcneTeen Store, but I will be removing it before nightfall today. That's enough rambling for me; Let's get to it.

If AcneFree is Better than Proactiv...

If AcneFree is better than Proactiv, how come Proactiv isn't out of business?

I know that there is the whole marketing gimmick (with the celebrities) that Proactiv has over AcneFree, but word of mouth would've eventually gotten out about A.F. if it really was the product that it claims to be.

My super short review of Acne Free

Here's the thing, I tried AcneFree because it claimed to work better than Proactiv, and at the cost of $17.98, I figured, "what the heck?"

Almost immediately after the first application of A.F., I felt that I had gotten robbed. The cleanser, the toner, and the repairing lotion were nowhere near the quality of Proactiv's products.

"Don't get me wrong, I am a major Proactiv fan, but if I find a better product for a lower cost, what do you think I am going to use? Certainly not AcneFree."

AcneFree's cleanser doesn't do a good job at cleansing and preparing the skin for the second step toner, and the third step repairing lotion.

Furthermore, the repairing lotion has microscopic beads which often leaves your skin with streaks of white from the product. It just seems like it's hard to get the repairing lotion to soak into the skin, without trying to force it in.

And as we all know, vigorously rubbing your skin can cause irritation, so forcing a topical treatment into your skin is never a good idea.

Time Released Benzoyl Peroxide

"And what's with the time released benzoyl peroxide? I mean, the phrase makes sense; Benzoyl Peroxide will be released when the time is right..."

But does it really work? It sounds like a good idea, but this is an area that I will need to do a little more research in before I pass my judgments.

UPDATE! After continued use, I've found that time released benzoyl peroxide is actually quite effective in preventing side effects that regular products containing benzoyl peroxide can give those who use it.

AcneFree vs Proactiv Overall

Proactiv is better, without a doubt! They use better ingredients, their products do what they say they're going to do, and you'll actually see results.

Before AcneFree, my skin was completely clear and dandy with the use of Proactiv.

If AcneFree was better than Proactiv, it would've been able to keep my skin clear. You guessed it; Two days into AcneFree and a major breakout develops.

I know that I didn't provide complete information in this short little review, but know that AcneFree is not better than Proactiv. Also note that I will be posting a longer AcneFree Review in the coming days.

Acne Teen's Related Posts

  • Does AcneFree Work? - These are my thoughts about AcneFree before actually trying the product. You'll notice that my opinion has complete changed since then.
  • Proactiv Alternative Save Money! - We also have my thoughts when I thought AcneFree was going to be a good Proactiv alternative. It turns out that I was wrong.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acne free works better for my skin than proactiv. I mean both work but I just find the acne free to clear all of my bumps vs. Proactiv leaving a few bumps with clear skin. You can't really say one works better than the other or vice verse because both work different on different skin types, dna's and genes.