Back Acne

Back Acne

Advertisements
9/09/2009 10:08:00 AM

A few of my friends have really bad body acne, especially on their back. Every so often I get a pimple that sprouts up in this area, but I've never really been too worried about it. However, if you're looking at this page and you have back acne, I have done some research that may help you clear things up.

Post Points of Interest

Cause of Back Acne

"Beyond this, what causes back acne is similar to what causes facial acne. For some reason, acne prone individuals tend to overproduce skin cells inside of their pores. This overproduction of skin cells creates pore blockage. The blockage traps skin oil which creates a perfect breeding ground for acne bacteria."

Source: Acne.Org

The little excerpt above is from Acne.Org. It sums up the main cause of back acne. Although this is true, there are many other things that you can do that will actually exacerbate back acne.

Don't make back acne worse!

There are many free and simple things that you can do to improve your back's complexion.

Wear loose clothing.

This is one of the easiest ways to prevent back acne, or at least keep it from being worse than it has to be. Tight clothes can be very irritating. Try wearing looser clothes. After a few weeks, see if their is an improvement in your skin's complexion.

Shower after working out.

Always shower after working out. I realize that this may sound counter intuitive since I told you that you don't need to shower after working out in treatment of facial acne. However, since you'll likely be wearing clothes after your workout, it's very important that your back is clean. Otherwise, you'll trap unnecessary oils that will exacerbate your acne in this area.

Natural back acne treatments.

Update! I just wrote a post on how to get rid of back acne!

Their are many great ways to treat back acne. I would definitely recommend checking out some of my at home acne treatments methods. Also, be sure to check out this post titled, "Get Rid of Zits Fast: Only 3 DAYS!" It definitely has some great information. If natural treatments don't work for you or haven't worked for you in the past, I definitely recommend a topical treatment.

Topical treatments for back acne.

Their are many topical treatments that you can use for back acne. I definitely recommend something that contains either benzoyl peroxide 2.5% or salicylic acid.

Proactiv Body Wash for back acne.

As you probably already know, I am a big fan of Proactiv. Although I haven't tried their body wash, I would recommend giving it a try just because of the name behind the solution.

This solution has a 4.5 / 5.0 rating on Amazon out of 6 ratings. 5 people rated this product 5 out of 5 stars. One individual rated this product with 1 star.

One individual from the review stated, "Proaciv is a highly effective acne treatment brand but, here's the catch - you have to keep at it."

This quote is 110% true. Although I haven't tried this branded body wash, I do use Proactiv on my face, and if you're not 110% consistent, the product won't work to it's full potential.

Other types of body acne.

  1. Back
  2. Buttocks
  3. Genitals
  4. Leg --> Back of Leg
  5. Chest
  6. Shoulders
  7. Arms