Creatine Causes Acne

Creatine Causes Acne

Advertisements
8/31/2009 09:51:00 AM

A few weeks back, I did a post about how I believed that creatine may cause acne. I also wrote about how creatine causes diarrhea! Before ever taking creatine, I managed to come to the conclusion that even though people in forums were saying that creatine caused them to breakout, their was no scientific evidence to prove that it was because of creatine. 

Although I still don't have scientific evidence to prove that creatine causes complexion problems, I have since then taken the supplement with positive building results, but negative complexion results, leading me to believe that creatine can cause flare-ups

My Experience with Creatine

Although this blog is about acne, I figure I may as well do a short review of the supplement while I am at it. I'll probably do a longer review later. 

+ Creatine  reduces muscle soreness!

One of the major reasons I love the P90X protein powder, which also contains creatine,  is because of how it greatly reduces my muscle soreness  after my P90X workouts. This is the whole reason I enjoy taking the supplement. No protein powder has ever done this before, because no protein powder I have taken has ever had creatine. 

- Creatine causes large pimples to form!

First, you need to understand that I was 110% acne free. This is my before and after acne picture below: 

Proactiv Review

3 days after taking the P90X protein powder with creatine, I noticed around 5 large pimples on my fact. Again, I haven't had acne for the longest time, so this is pretty ridiculous. 

Creatine or Dirty Protein?

A lot of people believe that whey protein causes acne. A lot of people also believe that there is a milk and acne connection. Over the past few days, I have been taking creatine with a whey protein powder, and I have increased my dairy intake. 

Could it be that I am breaking out from the protein powder, or the milk, and not the creatine? Or, are my breakouts coming from a combination of everything? 

I honestly believe it's a combination of everything. Protein powder has caused me to have flare ups before. However, never this bad. I think milk may also play a role in acne, due to the fact that it has high amounts of iodine and iodine causes acne. And creatine is said to cause people to breakout. 

What next? 

As much as I like what creatine and whey protein does for me, I know that I can not longer take it. It's not worth the breakouts. For now, it looks like I am going to have to cut back on the dairy, whey, and creatine, and see if my acne goes away. Then, I'll have to slowly work individual items back into my diet to see if one aggravates my acne more than the others. So yes, I believe that creatine causes acne! 

3 comments:

Forehead acne suffer said...

hi,
my name is Stewart T.
i found good advices on your post.
i suffer of forehead acne and i tried many treatments, but it didn't help.
i think i will try and your solution.
good luck!

Remove Pimples said...

Interesting post! Creatine is a supplement I've actually used in the past. Will definitely look further into this! Thanks for sharing!
Pimple Remedies

Get Rid of Acne said...

You should try Glutamine Powder to help you recover quicker! I know plenty people who take it and they all love it. Look it up!

P
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars