Creatine Acne BREAKOUTS!!!

Creatine Acne BREAKOUTS!!!

Advertisements
7/01/2009 08:28:00 AM

Can consumption of creatine cause acne? What about other acne supplements? You may also find my post titled, home acne treatment helpful. When it comes to having a good complexion and being a bodybuilder, life can become quite difficult. Be sure to read the post titled, does weight lifting cause acne? This holds especially true if you don't have a good topical product to keep your skin clear.

I was talking to one of my weight training buddies the other day, and they were saying how they thought they saw an increase in acne production after taking creatine. Could it be true?

Off the top of my head, I didn't know the answer to his question. When you don't know an answer to something what do you do? You Bing it. I headed over to Microsoft's new search engine to find an answer.

Does Creatine Cause Acne?

I came across this post at Nutritional Supplements titled, "Does Creatine Cause Acne?" According to the site, it seemed to cause more severe breakouts than usual in multiple individuals. However, this didn't seem to be due to the creatine itself. Instead, it was due to the fact that individuals who took weren't taking in enough water while they were on it.

Acne Teen Recommendation

Currently, there haven't been any studies done to directly link creatine to acne. If you do decide to take the stuff, I recommend drinking more than 8 glasses of water a day. If you're doing heavy exercises, you're probably drinking more than 8 glasses anyway. Remember, dehydration is directly linked to acne. Creatine can cause dehydration if you're not consistent with your H20 intake.

With that being said, I don't really believe creatine causes acne. If you want to take the stuff then take it. If you're drinking water like a camel and you still breakout, then you know not to take it. It's really that simple.

The one thing I can say is true is this: Creatine Causes Diarrhea! This can definitely depend on the product, so be sure that you don't take the wrong one :)

Creatine Acne Related Posts

Muscle Milk AcneMuscle Milk Acne Does Muscle Milk give you acne? The past few posts have been about general supplements that may or may not cause you to breakout.

nitric oxide acne

Nitric Oxide Acne Does Nitric Oxide cause acne? My friend has been reading Acne Teen like crazy and he's been noticing that I am doing a lot of posts related to supplements and acne.

soy protein acneSoy Protein Acne After writing the whey protein acne post, people began asking me questions about soy protein and whether or not it can cause acne.

Whey Protein Acne

Whey Protein Acne Back when I was not using Proactiv, I noticed that my acne seemed to become worse while drinking whey protein.

1 comments:

Melissa Masters said...

I recently had a hormonal acne breakout and purchased the Made from Earth Grapefruit Glycolic Scrub to battle the blemishes. I like this product because it is super antioxidant and clears up acne pimple and helps to reduce any scaring. This product has salicylic acid to fight the pimples and works nice, also easy to apply and not goey or messy at all. Reasonably priced for a glycolic scrub, and the smell is so good in the morning.