Football Acne

Football Acne

Advertisements
6/23/2009 05:59:00 PM

Does playing football cause acne? A few weeks back I wrote a post about how exercise clears up acne. This was to be used along with the rest of my home acne treatment guide.

Since football season is just around the corner, I wanted to do a post on whether or not playing football causes breakouts. Before I begin, I want to take the time to ask you guys what you think.

Does Playing Football Cause Acne?

Football Acne
image source:flickr

My two cents is pretty simple. You will never breakout because of exercising. Trust me on this. Sweating is not bad for your skin. Rather, people who exercise tend to over wash their face, causing them to breakout more often than not. With that being said, I don't believe football causes acne. Football helmets on the other hand, are completely different stories.

Do Football Helmets Cause Acne?

Football itself does not cause acne. If you're a casual outdoor player, you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, for those of you that play with the equipment, including helmets, and the full sha-bang, you'll likely see a few more pimples than usual. Also see hat acne connection for related information!

Why would Football Helmets Cause Pimples?

I'm not a doctor, but it's common sense. Your skin has no room to breathe. Sweat has nowhere to go. Now, I know I said sweat doesn't cause acne. Well, it doesn't... Unless you leave it on your face all day. Those of you that play football are out on the field hours at a time. A helmet pressing up against your face will likely cause your skin to breakout.

What you should do...

I have many resources here at Acne Teen that will teach you how to get rid of your acne. For starters, you can check out my before and after Proactiv picture. Also, be sure to check out my Get Rid of Acne Overnight post.

Final thoughts: Just because you play football, doesn't mean you have to have acne. The main thing here is to understand that there are ways to get rid of and prevent acne. Again, if you need help with the process, look around Acne Teen and feel free to join the Acne Teen Forums.

Football Acne Related Articles

basketball acneBasketball Acne Does Playing Basketball Cause Acne? If you're on this page, you probably have a lot of questions about acne, so I am here to help.

does sweat cause acne

Does Sweat Cause Acne Over the past few days, I have been talking about how exercise clears up acne. To sum things up, exercise flushes toxins out of your body through sweat.

Does Weight Lifting Cause Acne

Does Weight Lifting Cause Acne This week is really reinforcement week. I want you to all know that exercise clears up acne! I know that exercise has a bad name for acne, but really...

yoga improves acne Yoga Improves Acne! I just started doing the P90X and I have to say that after one day of Yoga, my skin has definitely improved.

cardio improves acne Cardio Improves Acne! You know how I have been saying that exercise clears up acne? Well, it definitely does. Tomorrow is Day 10 of my P90X journey. If you're not familiar with the P90X, it's an intense home workout

swimming acne Swimming Acne! We all know that exercise clears up acne, but what about swimming? I recently arrived home from a 4 day vacation to find that my skin was quite irritated alongside with a minor breakout.