Oatmeal Acne Mask

Oatmeal Acne Mask

Advertisements
5/21/2009 09:05:00 AM

Today I want to go over a cool way of using an Oatmeal Acne Mask to help clear your skin. Many people across the internet have reported a substantial difference in their complexion after only a few weeks by using the following method.

This is part 3 of my 7 part series on Homemade Acne Masks, and related, home acne treatment post. Yesterday I talked about how applying egg whites to your face can help your acne.

Positives:

  • Cheap
  • Cleans Pores
  • Clears Skin

What You'll Need:

  • Oatmeal
  • Materials to cook the oatmeal
  • Water
  • Towel
  • Moisturizer

Instructions - Setting Up:

  1. Cook the oatmeal as stated on the instructions.
  2. Allow the oatmeal to cool down to a warm temperature.

Instructions - Application:

  1. Gently apply the oatmeal to your face.
  2. After 10 - 15 minutes, wash the oatmeal off your face with warm water.

More research and information provided by eHow states that the oatmeal mask should be applied twice a day. Other sites suggest applying it everyday for a week, and then every other day for months after that. Your best bet is to simply see what works best for you.

Please also note: Results are not instant. Like anything else, it'll take some time before you begin to see results.

Other homemade acne masks:

egg whites acne

Aspirin Acne Mask - Aspirin has been used as an acne mask for quite awhile now, and it's said to give a glow to your face, along with reducing pimple size, redness, and acne scars.

egg whites acne

Egg Whites Acne - This is a great little tip that will have you making your own mask from home. Best of all, you only need eggs for this trick.

garlic acne mask

Garlic Acne Mask - Although it may smell bad, I have heard that it works. Again, I haven't tried it, but feel free to read the article and check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoping this works fingers crossed

Anonymous said...

I've been on Epiduo for months, also Dycycline pills twice a day. Proactiv for years - both versions - using antibacterial soaps, cetaphil and other gentle cleansers. I'm clean and have all the right habits except the occasional scratch-attack on my face which is a bad habit. I was on staph infection 4-times a day pills for a week a few months ago, Ive taken tons of pills, used cleansers, creams, drink the amount of 6 water bottles a day, work out about half an hour a day, and nothing helped.

I've just started using an oatmeal and honey facial mask, and in one day my scars appear to be lighter - or rather they are disappearing! This mask felt great, I'm excited to use it tomorrow and again for every day this week!! I'm so happy to see positive results already. I'm not promising this will work, but I'm suggesting that if you've tried everything else, or just want a cheap new good habit to add on to your regime, try this out!!!