How to Shave if You Have Acne

How to Shave if You Have Acne

Advertisements
10/23/2012 12:17:00 AM

Source: Flickr
You may or may not be familiar with my work, but I used to have really bad acne. I'm talking, really bad acne. In fact, if you checkout the rest of my site, you will see the success that I had with both Proactiv and Acne.org, and how those products helped me get my skin 99.9% clear. (Every now and then, I will have a soda, and this will cause me to breakout.)

Nonetheless, if you have acne, you know that shaving can be a huge pain. The truth is, there is a right and wrong way to shave if you have acne, and I'm here to show you how to do it step-by-step.
Warning! Before I show you what to do, I need to tell you what not to do. Never shave wet, and never try to shave off your acne. Doing this is asking for a disaster to happen. Always be as gentle as possible, and always use an electric razor. Trust me, this is the best way to prevent irritation, and prevent acne.

Step #1. Before anything else, be sure you have a good electric razor on your side. Remington always has some great deals: http://www.squidoo.com/remington-coupon so be sure to check them out first. I've been using Remington products, along with Wahl since day 1. You can't go wrong with these guys.

Step #2. You're also going to want to determine what kind of shave you will be doing. Will you be going all out bald, or do you like the scuffy look. If you want my personal opinion, chicks dig guys with facial hair. This may not always be true, but from my experience, facial hair always yields a positive response.

Step #3. Before using your acne medicine, whether it be Proactiv, Acne.org, or another topical acne solution, you need to shave. Again, for the purpose of this tutorial, we will be doing a dry shave. Gently begin shaving over your acne. Remember, your razor should touch your face just enough to trim or take away your beard. Never attempt to shave off your acne.

Step #4. Once you've shaved, you can use the first step of Proactiv, follwed by the next two steps. Alternatively, if you're using another acne solution, just be sure to follow the step-by-step instructions that they offer.

Important Final Notes.

The key to getting a good shave is to first choose the right razor. I like Remington. Then, choose the style of cut that you want, shave before using your topical acne medication, and then finally, you can apply your topical acne medication.

The reason it's important to dry shave is because your acne medication likely contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, which are both harsh chemicals. Putting even more chemicals on your face will make your acne worse, and cause you to breakout. Remember, your face should only touch water 1 to 2 times a day. That's why it's important to dry shave before applying your acne treatment, and to shave gently.

0 comments: