Vitamin D Acne

Vitamin D Acne

Advertisements
2/18/2010 10:33:00 AM

I have been doing a lot of thinking about Vitamin D and acne. Although I am 99.99% clear right now, back in the summer of 2008, I was 110% clear. Literally, I did NOT have even the smallest mark on my face

Clear In Summer, But Not Winter!

Does Vitamin D Help Acne?

For whatever reason, after summer ended, my acne came right back. A lot of people state that my acne came back because of high stress levels and lack of sleep, due to work and school.

I think my acne came back because I wasn't getting any more Vitamin D!

This really came to my attention a few weeks back. I was thinking about it, and I asked myself, "Why was my skin amazing back in the summer of 2008?" What's one thing you get in the summer that you don't get in the winter?...

And that summer in particular, I was outside every single day!

Vitamin D Acne Cure?

I Found The Vitamin D and Acne Connection!

I decided to do some research regarding the situation, and as always, I came across a post in a forum at Acne.Org. Acne.Org is really my favorite site on the web. They have so much great information, it's unbelievable.

Acne.Org Poster Says Vitamin D Supplement Cleared Their Skin!

Here's a quote from their story!

"It's hard to believe it could be so simple, yet it kind of makes sense: I never had acne until moving from Arizona to Seattle, and, it always got worse in the winter. The only other time I had acne in my life was while still living in Arizona, I tried a brief stint of eating a very, very low-fat diet (yes, I was young and foolish), and wearing sunscreen religiously; perhaps since vitamin D is fat-soluble, and I was avoiding the sun, I was just unable to synthesize or absorb it. And, sure enough, once I abandoned the low-fat foolishness, the acne disappeared as well. Until I moved to Seattle, that is, when it returned with a vengeance."

Vitamin D Deficiency Acne?

Could a deficiency in Vitamin D be one of the major causes of acne?

If you don't want to supplement, try getting at least a half in hour of sun every day. See what it does for your skin, and your overall health.

Ever since I began taking supplements, my skin has had more of a natural glow, and has seemed to even clear up a little more than it already is. I would definitely give Vitamin D a try!

4 comments:

body acne treatment said...

The healing property of Vitamin D can help minimize the appearance of acne scars and encourage your skin to naturally repair damage done by acne. As little as 10 minutes of sun exposure per day can provide vitamin D that you require helping encourage healthy skin and fight acne.

cure acne naturally said...

Honey is another one of acne home remedies. This sugary treat is famous world-wide for its antibiotic qualities and how it can cut down scars created by acne. You can consume it as syrup, or try it right on your acne, the latter being more advantageous. To utilize it, wash your face carefully and employ the honey on your acne marks. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes, wash, and pat dry.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm from Philippines. I'm a college student and I'm always exposed on the sun. Like you, I'm outside every single day. I don't think i have a deficiency on the D-vitamin. But i do have pimples too. I have an oily and sensitive skin. Every time I use acne treatment products, it gets my skin dry. I'm afraid of getting it burned. :(

Anonymous said...

It could also be that you were active and exercising.