Sleep Acne Connection!

Sleep Acne Connection!

Advertisements
10/19/2009 10:54:00 AM

People call it "beauty sleep," but why? Is there really something so important about sleep that if we get enough of it, we'll have less or no acne? I decided to do some research to see if their was a sleep - acne connection. My hope for you - another tip on keeping your skin clear.

Let's see what other sites say...

"But you cannot say sleep causes acne. Sleep, specifically sleep deprivation, affects acne indirectly. Sleep affects most, if not all, the causes that lead to acne." - Natural Acne Solution.

"A healthy, well-rested body has the resources to build a strong immune system. While a robust immune system won’t prevent acne altogether, it can help fight infection so your lesions clear up more quickly." - Acne dot Com

"Many women when surveyed about their skin in the past have commented that some of the things that affects their complexion the most include their diet – when they eat a lot of junk their complexion tends to suffer – and sleep was also high on the list." - Acne Magazine.

Acne Teen's (My) Experience

"For me, my acne first developed when school started. Although there could've been a number of different factors that contributed to my acne, such as colder weather and more stress because of school, I definitely think that a lack in sleep affected my complexion."

Sleep Acne Studies: (If there were any...)

Almost every site that I checked out said, "It's important to get sleep if you don't want acne!" However, none of these sites pointed at any studies. I looked at Acne.Org to see if they had any information regarding the topic, but I found nothing. No Youtube videos made by Dan regarding the subject.

With that being said, I cannot officially say whether or not sleep deprivation causes acne, or more sleep helps it. However, I can do the next best thing and ask you what you guys think. Be sure to vote in the poll at the top of this post, and leave your comments below.

image source: flickr;

0 comments: